Attached October 2, 2018
• The attached sector has recorded year-to-date sales of 2,814. This is 15 per cent below last year and 14 per cent below long-term averages.
• With no significant reduction in new listings, inventory levels remained elevated, pushing up months of supply to over seven months.
• Elevated levels of supply compared to demand persisted for both row and semi-detached product types. Like all other sectors, the oversupply has weighed on prices across all districts, except the City Centre, North East and East.
• While September semi-detached benchmark prices eased, year-to-date prices remained just above last year's levels. The recent oversupply has eroded some of the steps made toward price recovery last year.
• Row benchmark prices have averaged $298,667 this year, nearly two per cent below last year and nine per cent below previous highs. Despite the citywide pullback, row prices have remained relatively stable in the City Centre, North West and South East districts.